Federal Register Notice
The below are lists of designated and proposed for withdrawal HPSAs that reflect the publication of the Federal Register notice on July 3, 2023. This Federal Register notice reflects the status of HPSAs as of April 28, 2023. The lists of designated and proposed for withdrawal HPSAs linked below represent a snapshot of all geographic areas, population groups, and facilities HPSAs that were designated or proposed for withdrawal as of April 28, 2023. This notice incorporates the most recent annual reviews of designated and proposed for withdrawal HPSAs and supersedes the HPSA lists published in the Federal Register on July 7, 2022 (Federal Register/Vol. 87, No. 128/Thursday, July 7, 2022/Notices 40540). Note that HPSA designations that are currently listed on the proposed for withdrawal list will remain in this status until they are re-evaluated in preparation for the publication of the 2024 HPSA Federal Register Notice. If there are any questions about the status of a particular HPSA or area, we recommend that you contact the state primary care office in your state; a listing can be obtained at HRSA’s Bureau of Health Workforce (BHW) State Primary Care Offices web page.
Note: Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, please email Matt Patterson or call 301 549-5110.
- County and county equivalent listing – Primary Care (approx. 1 MB) PDF
- County and county equivalent listing – Dental Health (approx. 915 KB) PDF
- County and county equivalent listing – Mental Health (approx. 1 MB) PDF
- List of Proposed for Withdrawal HPSAs - PDF (approx. 910 KB) PDF
- List of Proposed for Withdrawal HPSAs - Excel (approx. 160 KB) XLSX
Contact Information: SDB@hrsa.gov