Web services provide a standardized way of integrating web-based applications using Extensible Markup Language (XML), Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), and Web Services Description Language (WSDL). The data.HRSA.gov offers web services to allow third party applications to be built using HDW data.
What data is available?
The following web services are currently available:
- Health Center Data – Enables users to query for health centers by state, county or ZIP code. Metadata XLSX
- Ryan White HIV/AIDS Medical Care Provider Data – Enables users to query for HIV/AIDS care providers around a latitude and longitude. Metadata XLSX
For web services details and sample results, please see the Developer Guide.
To access the web services, please complete the registration form. The form requires the following information:
- Two points of contact (primary and alternate)
- Domain from which the data service call will be executed (e.g., hrsa.gov)
Why is registration required?
The registration is required for users to acquire a web token. The token allows the data warehouse to identify the users of the web services. Having this information allows the HDW to identify additional data needs that may benefit users and organizations in the future.
The web token also allows users to be notified of:
- Planned or pending changes to those services that may affect applications
- Planned server outages
- New services as they become available